The NHS App provides a simple and secure way for patients to book GP appointments, order repeat prescriptions and access a range of other healthcare services.
Who is it suitable for?
The NHS App is for people aged 13 and over who are registered with a connected GP surgery. You can use some of the app's features without your GP surgery being connected.
How does it work?
With the NHS App you can:
- check your symptoms – find reliable NHS information on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get immediate advice
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medications and request a new repeat prescription
- view your medical record – get secure access to your GP medical record
- register to be an organ donor – easily manage your preferences on the NHS Organ Donor Register
- choose how the NHS uses your data – register your decision on whether it can be used for research and planning
We are pleased to announce that our practice now offers the eConsult service to our patients! eConsult offers a whole range of information for common conditions, ailments and injuries; in addition to the facility to submit a consultation to a GP, or a query to the administration team.
Book GP and pharmacy appointments, order online prescriptions and view your medical record at your convenience. Patient Access, in partnership with NHS.
How do I set up a Patient Access account?
To get online access, you will need to contact us so that we can generate your PIN which you can then collect from our reception.
When you come to collect your PIN, we ask that you bring along some photo ID (a passport, photo driving licence etc). This is so that we can verify your identity and protect your confidentiality.
Once you have your PIN you can register with emis access straight away. If you have already registered for this service click any of the EMIS services we offer above.
Once you are logged in you will be taken to an external website called Patient access online where you will be required to register yourself. After registration is completed you will need to login with your user name and chosen password.
NHS Digital Apps Library
We encourage our technology savvy patients to use the vast array of apps available to support and management of their illness.
Most of these apps have been developed in collaboration with app developers and medics.
Please also check with your GP if your symptoms are worsening.
What is SurgeryPod?
SurgeryPod is a secure computer system which has the capability to accurately record patient data and take readings, such as weight and blood pressure measurements. It is not a replacement for your doctor or nurse but an addition to the practice.
Why do we have it?
We want to give our patients greater freedom and the opportunity for you to monitor your health without having to wait for an appointment. Primarily this will be used as an extension to your consultation with your GP or nurse. It will accurately record key data and send it directly to your GP. This means that when you start your face-to-face consultation your doctor will already have this key information giving you more time to discuss your health.
How does it work?
Using SurgeryPod is very simple. You interact with a touchscreen computer which will guide you through the process. After you enter your name and date of birth you simply follow the step-by-step instructions! If you are an existing patient then here is the typical process you will go through prior to your GP appointment:
1. Enter your name and date of birth
2. Select ‘Standard Checks’
3. Follow the onscreen instructions
4. After you complete the session your results are automatically saved on your patient records
Who can use it?
Every patient can use it. From those who rarely visit the doctor to those who are regular patients. Due to its simple user interface, regardless of your technical knowledge, you will easily be able to use SurgeryPod.
Examples when you can use Surgery pod
- BP monitoring when changing medications upon advise from your GP
- Contraceptive pill requests
- Weight monitoring on a weight loss drug issued by the GP or a fitness programme